Monday, August 15, 2005

Is Blogging the New Therapy??


I have been inspired to start a blog for different reasons and because of different people who have said many good things about he blogg world. First and foremost I want to thank Frederick Smith author of Down For Whatever whom I have know for about six years now and do work with him on his book tour (which if you have not picked up you must pick up) it's a great first novel. He has inspired me in many ways. Our recent trip to NYC for Pride in The City (Brooklyn Black Gay Pride) was another inspiration to start my blogg. I had an exceptionally great time, I have been to many prides around the country including ATB in L.A. (where I live), ATL black pride, DC pride where I used to live and many more and if I must say so myself I give two thumbs up to People of Color in Crisis who organized this is event because it was "off da hook". It was a mixture of culture, education that came at you in different angles, and of course lots of fun with but with a balance. I was very impressed. So when I was there I met quiet a few brothers that I was intrigued by. Intrigued because I had never met people my age, my color and my sexual orientation that were doing so much for our community. Not to downplay L.A. peeps but all they wanna do here is party and talk about who did what and where and why and quiet honestly I am tired of hearing it. So yes I was impressed and then I also heard a lot of talk about the blogg world and what stood out for me was when a young man who is known as No4real4real in the blog world said that blogging for him was therapeutic. And I said to myself therapeutic hugh?? Lord knows I need therapy and can not afford that shyt!! So I said to myself I am going to create a blog and see if it works for me and quiet frankly I think it might. I am already feeling better. I have been back from NYC going on two weeks now and I had planned on starting my blog as soon as I got back but with summer classes coming to an end and a whole lot of papers, finals and work I had to catch up on I did not have time.... But here I am now joining the blog world so I can be on Frank Leon Roberts' pick of best ____blog of the year, Who I am giving a major shout out to for making Black Out Art Series one of the highlights of my trip to NYC, along with is crew of talented writers. Also Fred Smith for keeping it Down for Whatever at this moment. And last but not least shout out ot mr. Derrick L. Briggs founder of "Books Are Sexy" bookclub because indeed books ARE sexy and I have been inspired to start a brother version in L.A. , we'll see how it goes. I am out for now, the name is PublicistD and I am out for now and I will be back with a lot more.

12 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Frederick Smith said...

welcome to the world of blogs, Publicist D.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger TheBlacks said...

Welcome PublicistD -- We'll wait to see where you take this blog and hopefully your plans slip over into Los Angeles social scene as well.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Shelley Halima said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Shelley Halima said...

Hola! Welcome the to world of Blogging. I look forward to reading your posts.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Trent Jackson said...

How You Doin?

ALRIGHT!!! WORK OUT!

I love hanging out with you! You are so fun...when are we gonna take a picture?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger demetrius said...

Glad to find you here in cyberspace. Best wishes with the end o' classes and all the rest.

...you can find people dishing about partyin' and playin' most anywhere LA ain't got no lock on that, if perhaps a particular angle on it being California and the City of Dreams...

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Quaheem said...

Welcome....This should be quite interesting...I'll be watching..:-D

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jamal K. Franklin said...

Mr. PublicistD,

Thanks for blessing us with your presence! The blog world is pretty interesting and I have no doubt you'll find the needed therapy. If you don't, then you're not looking in the right places!

Enjoy your stay bruh!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger A NEW DERRICK said...

Blogging is the New Therapy!
Like Thursday is the new Friday...

Welcome Mr. D to the blogging world...I'm fairly new to it myself but it's a fun ride...

And I also had a blast with you guys in New York and especially during my book club...F.Y.I. (You can just call it:
(The Derrick L. Briggs Book Club)
-"Books Are Sexy" is just the tag name... :)

I'll see you in September...

Later

DLB.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Clay said...

welcome to blog land!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Frank León Roberts said...

whatup papa? how come you havent sent me no love (via email, blog, or otherwise)!

welcome tothe blogosphere baby...

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger X said...

It's better than therapy! It's blogging :)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home